Monday, May 2, 2011

Speaking of Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party...

I thought I would share photos of the costumes hubby and I wore for the 2009 and 2010 parties.
My husband is a bit obsessed with the Ghostbusters and has put quite a bit of effort into his costume so he wore it both years. I am trying to convince him to go with something else this September but I'm not sure he'll go for it.

In 2009 we went with my cousin and her husband. We ate dinner at the Grand Floridian Cafe before the party which was a GREAT idea b/c we were so close to the party we didn't have to worry about getting there on time or waiting for buses or anything.


I'm Snow White.


In 2010 it was just hubby and myself. Cousin and her DH were sorely missed and I really hope that we can make the party together again sometime in the near future. They have had an adorable baby since then, and I think it would be a lot of fun to see his reaction to the party.

This past year it rained THE WHOLE DAY of the party. I was devastated. I was IN LOVE with our costumes for this party and was really quite excited to show it off and I was not happy at all that we would have to be wearing ponchos the whole night.


We tried our best to make the most of it though...

Imagine our surprise and delight when Mickey Mouse worked his magic and Tink's pixie dust to turn off the rain as soon as we got off the monorail at the Magic Kingdom!!! It was seriously magical, and I almost cried. It went from the craziest thunderstorm I have ever seen (and that says a lot, trust me) to a beautiful night. The ponchos came off and we had a BLAST. It seemed like a LOT of people decided not to come b/c of the weather and the lines were much shorter than they were the year before.


Can you guess what my costume was?? A few people told us that it was their favorite combination of the night. Cast members were especially fond of and excited about it. A few people guessed incorrectly, and were then very happy/amused when I clued them in.

I'd love to hear your guesses so I will confirm my costume choice in my next post!

Have you seen any great costume combinations at MNSSHP? What was your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment