Thursday, May 10, 2012

Brave Character Meet & Greet Opening at Magic Kingdom

Rumor has it that Merida from Disney's new movie Brave will start appearing in front of Fairytale Castle tomorrow, May 11. Her new home inside Fairytale Gardens is rumored to be opening on May 18, 2012.



To find her head over to the area to the right of the front of Cinderella's Castle look for the entrance right before the bathrooms on your way to the tea cups and raceway. It used to be Rapunzel's meet and greet area. I won't lie. I'm sad to see that go.  I am excited about the possibilities for this experience though. The movie looks great and the interactions they have mentioned seem really cool for boys and girls alike.

Here is a sneak peak at what the area is supposedly going to look like when it's finished:


After some quick investigating I've come across a few videos from EPCOT where Merida has already been making an appearance. I must say, and I mean this in the nicest way possible, Disney needs to have higher standards when it comes to their face characters. There is one very animated lass who seems like she'd be perfect, except she just looks too old. I know the girl is probably in like her early 20's or something, but honestly, she just doesn't look like the character at all other than her crazy hair. I do enjoy her personality, but everything else just rubs me the wrong way. Lord Hill agrees. SO After seeing photos of her and some quick videos of her I went on a google search to see what I could find and I am so glad I did b/c I came across this gem of a video. I am so happy she exists and I desparately hope I get to meet HER specifically.
She looks like a cartoon character with her fabulous big eyes and her voice is perfect and she looks to be the perfect age. LOVE HER. Can't wait to check out this meet and greet experience when it finally debuts in the Magic Kingdom.





Many fhanks to Chelsea a fellow Mickey's Dream Vacations agent and blogger for the info that the meet and greet was opening. Be sure to check out her blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment