Monday, July 2, 2012

Character Meals vs Character Meet & Greets

When it comes to visiting the Disney Resorts getting the perfect photo with your favorite character is usually at the top of the to do list.

There are two different ways you can go about creating these memories. Meet and Greets in the parks, or a character dining experience at one of the Disney dining locations.

My husband and I have done both and depending on the nature of our trip will do both again.

There are a lot of great things about the in park Meet and Greets.



My husband and I never go into the parks with a set plan. We used to, but after several years and several trips we are more "go with the flow" these days. I love randomly coming across a character we haven't met yet, and jumping on the line to meet them. I like the surprise aspect. I also like the type of interactions you can have in the parks.





When we met Lilo and Stitch it was almost like a full out show. Stitch played hide and seek using the guests as things to hide behind. They danced with everyone as a group and posed for photos with everyone without really having to wait on a line. They signed autographs and stole our pens and it was just a fun time.














 I like that you can get two characters at once depending on the set up which can create some great photo opportunities.


Meeting characters during a Character Dining Experience is great too!


It's air conditioned, you KNOW you will get to meet the characters regardless of how hot it is and you won't be stuck waiting on line only to be the one right as the character takes a break leaving you stand a few minutes before they come back.














You get to relax and eat and enjoy the fun interactions the characters have at your table. Piglet was appalled when he saw that I had bacon on my plate. Pooh tried to steal my honey!
I also love that at certain dining locations like Cape May Cafe, and Chef Mickey's the characters are wearing costumes you will not see them in anywhere else.








Meeting characters is always a highlight of any trip to Disney, whether we wait on line to do it or enjoy a relaxing meal while letting the characters come to us.

Which do you prefer?

Kerri
Kerri@mickeysdreamvacations.com
facebook.com/mickeysdreamvacationsbykerri

1 comment:

  1. I've always liked the character meals as you are getting something while you are waiting.

    ReplyDelete